Photo Journalism (Weekly Assignment)
*This assignment will be due each week on the last day of the week that you have my class (usually either Thursday or Friday).
Now that you know photography basics, it's time to put your new skills to the test! In journalism, you must use your basic photography skills to then TELL A MEANINGFUL STORY.
Capture ONE photo that is well done and has a PROFOUND story to it. It also must meet our basic photography standards/qualities (angle, depth, lighting, center of interest, rule of thirds, peak of emotion, etc.)
- Put your photo on a USB drive or you may e-mail it to me BEFORE it is due!
- DO NOT SEND ME A RANDOM PHOTO DURING CLASS-- IT IS TOO LATE.
- You must arrive to class prepared! If you do not have your assignment on time, it is a Z (0).
- Each student must also be able to explain the story behind the photo that makes it profound... WHY are you taking the photo? What message are you trying to tell us?
- The student presenting the photo must be the photographer of the photo.
- Please take NEW photos specifically for this assignment.
Remember to use the photo journalism we analyzed in the TIME article as a reference! (Linked)